How To Protect The Your Precious Pets: Top 20 Of The Best GPS Pet Trackers
Pets aren’t just pets; they are our companions and our friends. And just like what anyone would do, we want our pets to be as safe as possible. Unfortunately, statistics have shown that there is always a chance that they may wander off and get lost.
You may find that microchips, as well as the good old dog tag, would do the trick. But dog tags and microchips only work if someone kind enough would send the dog to a clinic to scan the microchip or read the tags. Fortunately, the rise of technology brought one solution – GPS.
Since there are so many GPS trackers for pets out there, choosing the right one can be overwhelming. To give you a hand in making up your mind, here are some of the Best GPS Pet Trackers for your pet and your peace of mind.
- 20 Best GPS Pet Tracker Reviews
- 1. Aribelly PET Dog Cat GPS Tracker Locator GPS Pet Tracker
- 2. Dynotag Web/GPS Enabled QR Code Smart Deluxe Coated Steel Pet Tag
- 3. EiffelT GPS Pet Tracker Waterproof Real Time Mini tracker Collar
- 4. Find My Pet Classic GPS Dog Tracker - Smart Collar For Dogs
- 5. Find My Pet Nano GPS Dog Tracker Smallest Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Enabled Pet GPS
- 6. Gibi Pet Location GPS Service Unit
- 7. Rechargeable and waterproof gps pet dog training collar tracker black GPT1
- 8. LINK AKC Smart Dog Collar - GPS Location Tracker
- 9. Nuzzle Pet Activity and GPS Tracker Large Collar
- 10. Paw Prints ID QR Smart GPS Pet Collar Rescue and Recovery ID Dog Tag
- 11. PETCARE New Fashion Design Dog GPS Tracker
- 12. PetTouchID Smart Pet ID Tag, QR Code, NFC Scan, Online Pet Page, GPS Location
- 13. Pod Trackers GPS Plus Wi-Fi Pet Tracker and Activity Monitor
- 14. SportDOG Brand TEK Series 2.0 GPS Tracking + E-Collar Add-A-Dog Collar
- 15. SportDOG Brand TEK Series 2.0 GPS Tracking System
- 16. Spy Tec STI GL300 Mini Portable Real-Time Personal and Vehicle GPS Tracker
- 17. Tagg GPS Pet Tracker - Dog and Cat Collar Attachment
- 18. TKSTAR Anti-lost GPS Dog Pet Finder Dog Collar Locator
- 19. Tractive GPS Pet Tracker
- 20. Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker & Activity Monitor
- Final Thoughts
20 Best GPS Pet Tracker Reviews
1. Aribelly PET Dog Cat GPS Tracker Locator GPS Pet Tracker
Aribelly PET Dog Cat GPS Tracker Locator
- Mini GPS Tracker for Small
If you want a GPS tracker that isn’t too bulky for your pet, then the Aribelly PET Dog Cat GPS Tracker Locator GPS Pet Tracker is what you are looking for. This GPS tracker is small but is very accurate with less than 5 meters of positioning error.
The Aribelly GPS tracker also has a GeoFence capability with real-time tracking via SMS or through a mobile app. And if your pet is near enough to see, this tracker has an LED that lights up to enable you to see your pet in the dark.
2. Dynotag Web/GPS Enabled QR Code Smart Deluxe Coated Steel Pet Tag
Dynotag Web/GPS Enabled QR Code Smart
- One UNIQUE tag - made from special stainless steel core & coated with noise eliminating
Dogs can play rough, and they can easily chew through flimsy GPS trackers, rendering them useless. This is no problem for the Dynotag GPS tracker because it is built to withstand the daily grind with your dog. The DynoTag is made from tough stainless steel coated with special polymers that protect it from the harsh environment. It is impact proof and waterproof as well. The Dynotag doesn’t need batteries to operate.
The tag works using passive GPS, and you can view your pet’s location through any modern web browser using a special web address printed on every Dynotag.
3. EiffelT GPS Pet Tracker Waterproof Real Time Mini tracker Collar
EiffelT GPS Pet Tracker
- Voice monitoring & Remote call: when your dog is far away, you can call to your pet and call it back or you can monitor what your dog is doing when it’s alone.
It is only normal for you to expect more out of the Best GPS Pet Trackers. The EiffelT GPS Pet Tracker adds more than just bells and whistles. This tracker has a very reliable real-time GPS tracking. The tracker is capable of GPS and LBS location tracking. A feature that you may like about the tracker is the remote call and voice monitoring feature.
With the remote call feature, you can call your pet back wherever they may be. Other features that you might like include a location history and a safe zone feature.
The tracker also comes with an IP58 rating ensuring a device that is shockproof as well as dust-proof.
4. Find My Pet Classic GPS Dog Tracker - Smart Collar For Dogs
Find My Pet Classic GPS Dog Tracker
- Smart Collar For Dogs - Real Time Tracking - Android & iPhone Apps
For pet owner who wants a multipurpose and reliable tracker then this is the one for you. More than just a pet tracker the Find My Pet Classic GPS Dog Tracker can also be used to track other animals, cars, as well as your children. The tracker provides near-seamless position tracking. Find My Pet Classic GPS Dog Tracker can use Cellular Networks or GPS satellites to track your pets.
You can view your pet’s location anywhere using the free smartphone apps provided. You can also track your pet using any web browser.
5. Find My Pet Nano GPS Dog Tracker Smallest Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Enabled Pet GPS
Find My Pet Nano GPS Dog Tracker
- FIND & TRACK YOUR PET ANYWHERE WORLDWIDE
Looking for your pet outdoors can be a hassle. But same can be said for indoors. If you find looking for your pet inside your house is becoming tedious at best then you might want the -- Find My Pet Nano GPS Dog Tracker. This tracker is Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled, this means that you can track your pet effectively in short range situations (i.e., when your pet is inside the house) with amazing accuracy.
Find My Pet Nano GPS Dog Tracker is also a capable long-range tracker with access to both GPS tracking satellites and ground-based 2G GSM Cellular Networks. Just like the other Best GPS Pet Trackers, you can track your pet on either your smartphone app or through a web browser.
6. Gibi Pet Location GPS Service Unit
Gibi Pet Location GPS
- Eliminate the agonizing wait and worry if your pet gets lost and Gibi is the better way to find your lost pet
The Gibi Pet Location GPS Service Unit falls along the category of simpler units, but it is still one of the Best GPS Pet Trackers. This tracker doesn’t boast any bell and whistles, but it works like a charm. It features the same GPS tracking technology that you see on most GPS trackers.
The Gibi Pet Location GPS has a low battery alert, telling you when you need to charge the unit. Having a low battery alert helps in making sure that the unit works for as long as possible when you need it. This tracker also enables you to share your pet’s whereabout using the links from the Google Maps app.
7. Rechargeable and waterproof gps pet dog training collar tracker black GPT1
GPT1 Dog GPS Training Collar
- World's First Waterproof GPS Pet Tracker Collar with Pet Training Vibration Function
The GPT1 also falls along the simple category of GPS tracking collars. The GPT1 is capable of both 2G GSM tracking as well as GPS satellite tracking. This tracking collar is capable of vibration mode which can become handy when training your dog.
The collar has an IP65 rating making sure that the unit stays working when you need it. The rating also ensures that the unit will not pose any risk to your pet. Water may short rechargeable trackers and having a waterproof goes a long way for your peace of mind.
8. LINK AKC Smart Dog Collar - GPS Location Tracker
LINK AKC Smart Dog Collar
- Winner CES 2017 Best Of Innovation.
If you want a collar that can be used for different kinds of dogs then the LINK AKC Smart Dog Collar is what you should get. This GPS tracking collar is a Winner of CES 2017 for best innovation. Among its many features is a fast and accurate GPS tracking system.
Other features of the LINK AKC Smart Dog Collar that you might like is the built-in LED light, enabling you to see your dog in the night.
One feature that stands out with this tracker is a temperature sensor. The temperature sensor is a nice addition especially if your dog does not like the warm weather.
9. Nuzzle Pet Activity and GPS Tracker Large Collar
Nuzzle Pet Activity and GPS Tracker
- Durable, waterproof and lightweight
So far, the Nuzzle Pet Activity and GPS Tracker Large Collar is the first collar on the list sporting a non-cellular plan. There are no fees on top of buying the product. So, if you are one of those pet owners who doesn’t want to incur cellular charges, Nuzzle Pet Activity and GPS Tracker Large Collar is for you.
The Nuzzle Pet Activity and GPS Tracker Large Collar is not only a tracker, but it is also an activity tracker. The tracker is waterproof and comes with many additional features. Additional features include a collision sensor, temperature sensors, and geo-fencing capabilities.
10. Paw Prints ID QR Smart GPS Pet Collar Rescue and Recovery ID Dog Tag
Paw Prints ID QR Smart GPS Pet Collar
- Multi-Pet aware
The Paw Prints ID QR Smart GPS Pet Collar Rescue and Recovery ID Dog Tag is not a GPS tracker but more of an advanced form of a dog tag. Using the QR code on the tag, you can store your pet’s medical records, as well as any other documents or photos. When the tag is scanned, you will receive GPS text and email alerts regarding your pet’s whereabouts. The reminders are unlimited.
Surprisingly, the system works wherever your dog is and can be very useful when you don’t want the limits of a battery-operated tracker.
11. PETCARE New Fashion Design Dog GPS Tracker
PETCARE New Fashion
- Voice Interaction & Environment Monitor
The PETCARE New Fashion Design Dog GPS Tracker maybe one of the most accurate GPS tracking collar in the market. Along with your usual Cellular and GPS tracking, this behemoth also sports a Wi-Fi tracker. Adding to the accuracy of this GPS tracker is a 3D Acceleration Assisted Positioning system.
Additional features of the PETCARE New Fashion Design Dog GPS Tracker includes voice interaction, activity monitor, and environment monitors. With all the technology it packs, it isn’t surprising that the battery can also keep pace – able to last a whole three days before needing a charge.
12. PetTouchID Smart Pet ID Tag, QR Code, NFC Scan, Online Pet Page, GPS Location
PetTouchID Smart Pet ID Tag
- Tag can be scanned with any smartphone
The PetTouchID Smart Pet ID Tag work just like number 10. The PetTouchID Smart Pet ID Tag has a QR code that can be scanned. Once the tag is scanned, the location is then sent to the owner. The tag also boasts the use of NFC or Near Field Connection allowing the scan of the tag’s information without the need for QR scanners.
The information of your dog is stored in the cloud and can be accessed when the tag is scanned. PetTouchID Smart Pet ID Tag has no subscriptions or other fees making it valuable for the budget-conscious pet owner.
13. Pod Trackers GPS Plus Wi-Fi Pet Tracker and Activity Monitor
Pod Trackers GPS Plus Wi-Fi Pet Tracker
- Global range: pod works in 175 countries around the world
If you are a pet owner, who doesn’t like the intrusive nature of trackers on your pets this one is for you. The Pod Tracker is lightweight, tough, and is jam-packed with features. This device can track your pet in over 175 countries.
The Pod has a location history feature which also includes a geo-fencing like capability letting you know if your pet has run away from a predetermined. The Pod tracker also doubles as an activity tracker.
14. SportDOG Brand TEK Series 2.0 GPS Tracking + E-Collar Add-A-Dog Collar
SportDOG Brand TEK Series 2.0 GPS Tracking
- Voice Interaction & Environment Monitor
The SportDOG Brand TEK Series is probably the most advanced GPS tracking unit you will see on this list. This GPS tracker has been advertised as being designed with the harsh elements in mind. You’ll never go wrong with this tracker if you are looking for something that is “as tough as nails.”
Among the features, the tracker boasts are an all-around GPS tracking technology they call HopTek technology. HopTek enables you to track your dog up to 10 miles away.
The DryTek technology the collar boasts makes sure that you can track your dog in even in wet environments. Submersible up to 25 feet, this collar can hold its own against the elements.
15. SportDOG Brand TEK Series 2.0 GPS Tracking System
SportDOG Brand TEK Series 2.0
- 10 Mile Range - Waterproof and Rechargeable - Expandable to Locate up to 21 Dogs - Unlimited, Lifetime Map Updates
Not to be confused with our number 14, this one is the big daddy of the two. Along with the GPS tracker, SportDOG Brand TEK Series 2.0 GPS Tracking System has a handheld device included with preload topographical maps. The system can track up to 21 dogs all with the venerable HopTek technology.
HopTek lets you know the direction of each dog as well as location history. Both the handheld device and the collars are waterproof and are built to last. If you’re into some serious dog training, then this is recommended for you.
16. Spy Tec STI GL300 Mini Portable Real-Time Personal and Vehicle GPS Tracker
Spy Tec STI GL300
- Vehicle GPS Tracker
The Spy Tec STI GL300 is a multipurpose tracking device. With the GL300 you can track anything, vehicles, loved ones, the elderly, or other important things that you want to guard.
For $25 a month you can track in real time. The compact size of this tracker also allows for you to attach it to a belt or a collar with minimal effort.
The GL300 is a perfect multipurpose tracker. The only thing that you need to watch out is water. So far, this tracker has no IP certification, so it is best not to expose it to wet environments.
17. Tagg GPS Pet Tracker - Dog and Cat Collar Attachment
Tagg GPS Pet Tracker
- Receive Alerts When Your Pet Gets Out;Attaches to Your Pets Current Collar
The Tagg GPS Pet Tracker is excellent at what it does – tracking your pets. You can set a geo-fencing like a feature, and a tag alerts you on either text or email when your pet gets out. The tracker can also notify you on a mobile app available for both Android and iOS users.
Tagg GPS Pet Tracker doesn’t have some of the features that you would associate with high-end trackers, but this one gets the job done. And for some pet owners who want a basic option, this one is highly recommended.
18. TKSTAR Anti-lost GPS Dog Pet Finder Dog Collar Locator
TKSTAR Anti-lost GPS Dog
- Smart Pet GPS Tracker Remote Tracker GSM/GPRS/GPS Long Standby Tracking - Real Time Alerts (Black Collar)
Right out of the box, the first thing that you will applaud with this device is the app service. The app works seamlessly with the device so much so that tracking your dog becomes an enjoyable errand. The device works on web browsers or through an app on multiple platforms.
The device is a quad-band tracker that also works with GPS and LBS. The tracking also works seamlessly needing only 10 seconds to initiate tracking. Other features of the device include geo-fencing, low battery alarm, and a shock sensor.
19. Tractive GPS Pet Tracker
Tractive GPS Pet Tracker
- Live positioning for dogs, cats, horses and other animals
One of the lightweight contenders for the Best GPS Pet Trackers is the Tractive GPS pet tracker. The Tractive GPS Pet Tracker has all the basics you will need for tracking your pet, loved ones, or your car.
Along with the reliable tracking coverage, you will have a peace of mind knowing that Tractive GPS Pet tracker is also waterproof.
The tracker isn’t bulky either. With an integrated SIM for extra convenience and a live position tracking. Starting at $5 a month for a service fee, you can enjoy the Tractive GPS Pet Tracker.
20. Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker & Activity Monitor
Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker
- Proactive Alerts: Get email, app or text notification when your pet leaves their safe place using Wi-Fi before they get too far away
The Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker may well be the best GPS tracker for pets. The Whistle 3 is all about reliable performance. You won’t find any bells and whistles (pun intended) in this device. Whistle 3 performs as a GPS tracker as well as an activity tracker.
Whistle 3 will send out alerts to your phone via an app, email, or text when your pet leaves his place and can continue to monitor your pet for up to 7 days. Without the bells and whistles, Whistle 3 can outlast any GPS pet tracker on the market. Whistle 3 is recommended for you if you are one of the “GPS purists” out there.
One of the best ways to ensure the safety of our pets is by tracking them, making sure they aren’t lost. Like a guardian angel always looking after them. May this guide for the best GPS pet tracker help you make an informed decision on how you want to protect your pets.