What Is The Best Dog Food For Yorkies (Update 2018)
Yorkshire is one of the smartest dogs alive in the world. This kind of dog is looking very cute and also one of the easiest dogs to train. When you teach something to this kind of dog, the Yorkie can easily understand well and also forget things very easily.
Basically, feeding the little dogs can be a quite daunting task, because it has various numbers of dietary needs and it can be very easy to overfeed them.
Specifically, the Yorkie usually has a stomach problem so it is very careful to find yourself and clean up the full bunch of the gross doggy messes.
- Our Picks: Top 5 Best Dog Food For Yorkies
- Top 5 Best Dog Food For Yorkies Reviews
- Look For The Best Dog Food For The Top Breeds
- Lists Of healthy Dog Foods For Yorkie Puppies
Our Picks: Top 5 Best Dog Food For Yorkies
Top Dog Food
Feeding a Yorkie properly is one of the most important things to be considered for keeping your dogs healthy. Actually, what is the best dog food for Yorkies and how to feed it in the right manner? The right amount of food and feeding times will always vary based on how old your Yorkie is as well as your dog’s activity.
Generally, the Yorkies are very smaller in size so the breed has taken only two or three meals per day. However, these breeds are just okay with one meal and if it extends that cause some problems like low blood sugar and signs like clumsiness, weakness, etc.
When it comes to feeding your breed, there are some effective quick ideas and top dog food selections available to choose from. These food picks are pretty good to purchase and all types of food items have essential ingredients for Yorkies. Before giving dog foods, you should consult your vet before switching to any kind of dog food items.
Make sure to meet the Yorkie nutritional needs, it is necessary to consider the right amount of calories and portion size that includes:
Note: Above estimated calorie requirements are primarily based on an average weight of Yorkies. Before making any significant changes in your dog’s diet, please consult with your veterinarian.
Basically, the Yorkies are small dogs that do not require much food. These dogs usually weight between three and eight pounds. If your Yorkie is not very active, it requires 150 calories per day. In case, your Yorkie is very bigger in range and more active too, it is necessary to safe the bump and make her up to 200 calories each day. One of the most important things to be considered about your Yorkies is having very small stomachs that could not handle more numbers of meals like any other dogs.
Top 5 Best Dog Food For Yorkies Reviews
Taste of the Wild, Canine Formula
A well-balanced formula for canines is a perfect blend of meat with highly digestive ingredients that may comply with the energy requirements of your active dog. This Taste of the wild canine formula has it all. Due to the fact, this formula comes as a grain free perfect blend of real roasted meat with sweet potatoes and also the peas which give a perfect consistency as a dry food for your dog.
The formula is a full-packed nourishment having the most effective components from fruits and vegetables and the meat as well, it offers antioxidants in a way that promotes health and problem free lifestyle.
The taste is well-beyond your dog’s expectation and your dog may not be able to resist the taste and will crave for more for sure. The overall calories are around 3,719 Kcal per KG or 370 kcal per cup. You may decide on the amount of food as per the weight of your dog. For example, you may give it half a cup per 3- 5 pounds of the total body weight.
Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free Dry Dog Food
For small dogs, that need a perfectly made, grain free combination of the best nutrients, this Wellness CORE natural dry dog food would be the best. It is rich in protein which supports the health and the food has the turkey and chicken components which provide the best calorie level for supporting the high energy needs for active dogs.
There are no byproducts of meat or wheat and no artificial components as well as the preservatives are not there. The ingredients are made in the USA so you can expect to get the best quality products made with premium components.
It is the best combination of Glucosamine, Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate and many proteins and compounds to support hip and joint health, it also helps to keep the fur coat in the best condition and fulfills high energy needs with 54 percent proteins in it. Since there is no filler involved in the making, you can surely rely on this dog food for the better health of your dogs.
The Wellness CORE natural grain free dog food comes in variation for small dogs, large breed, and puppy food.
Blue Buffalo Life Protection Dry Adult Dog Food
The Blue Buffalo Life Protection dog food is the kind of a food that actually gives a valuable set of nutrients that could save the health of an adult dog. One of the best dog foods for Yorkies and other small breed dogs and provides enough energy supply for active adult dogs.
The formula contains a delicious preservative-free formula that is based on pure vegetables and fruit components as well as chicken meat and not the byproducts. Due to the pure ingredients and a set of 7 useful antioxidant ingredients for high energy needs of small dogs.
It is best for the dogs who need proper care and active life routine through their daily diet. The food contains the whole grains and solid ingredients from the vegetables and natural resources. There is no meat by-products as well as it is free of artificial wheat flavors and colors.
The taste and the consistency make the food irresistible for the dogs and they would not be having any issues for any reasons when they are given the formula. So, for small breed dogs who have a high energy needs, this could work at its best.
Wellness Complete Health Natural Dry Small Breed Dog Food
Small breed dogs could be great pets if they are given the best foods containing a complete set of nutrients, which are enough to take care of their energy needs and support health maintenance concerns. This Wellness Complete Health natural dry food is a complete health formula for small dog breeds.
The nutrients and components include deboned Turkey and brown rice and there are no preservatives, no meat by-products and no fillers in this formula to keep your small breed dogs in a healthy and active state.
The reduced calorie levels paired with all the benefits of pure deboned turkey and brown rice and small kibble size makes it a winning combination for the small breed dogs.
The formula helps in maintaining a good body weight, helps in keeping the skin and the coat in the best state. Further, it helps to maintain the digestive health of the dogs and makes them stay fit and away from digestive issues.
The formula also promises to keep the teeth, gums, and eye health and supports good immunity in small dogs. It is made in the USA and has a set of guaranteed nutrients that would not harm your dog in any way.
ZiwiPeak Air-Dried Dog Cuisine
Sometimes when you buy a dog food that is prepared with natural ingredients, you may not be sure if the natural resources have no background of having additives and other components. Meaning that if you have a dog food that as lamb as its base ingredient, it would be better if this is not treated with growth-promoting hormones and is naturally fed. This formula offers the food that is based on lamb that has not be treated with antibiotics, has not growth enhancers and is free of any such issues.
The nutrients and components are air dried so there should be no bacterial addition in it as well as it is being preserved naturally without having any preservatives so you are sure to give your dogs the best food in its best state.
The food contains the 98 percent of the best fresh meat and has no by-products or filler in it. It is great for joint health, skin, and coat.No fillers are there so it supports digestive health. The food is energy giving and help to create a healthy body in the dogs. It is one of the best foods for Yorkies that are available today.
Look For The Best Dog Food For The Top Breeds
The Yorkshire terriers are one of the most recommended pets of all the small dog breeds. They look very tiny with a bold and pretty personality. When compared to other dogs, the Yorkie must have some extra dietary needs. If you want to know what is the best dog food for Yorkies, you just consider the following important things given below and choose the best dog food for your Yorkie:
Tiny Yorkies Have Small Stomachs
- The Yorkies are always looking very small that normally weight about 4 to 7 pounds as like adults. These dogs have a very tiny stomach that exactly matches their sizes.
- This means that the dogs cannot be eaten large meals, rather you need to feed your Yorkie many times of small meals each day.
- If you give large meals, the Yorkies can prone to low blood sugar. To avoid this problem, you will provide small meals per day.
Choose The Calorie Dense Food
- If you have small and toy breed dogs, make sure your food contains more calorie dense than the large dog’s foods.
- Usually, the small dogs can use higher energy, so the calories can burn a lot than bigger dogs. Today, most of the dog foods are specially designed for toy and small dogs that are packed with high calories than food for large dogs.
- If you look for the best foods for your Yorkies, you should consider buying the well formulated for toy and small dogs that have more calories and fulfill your Yorkie needs.
Choose The Food With Small Bites
- If you are feeding a kibble dog food to your Yorkie, you can make sure to buy a food with little and small bite pieces of kibble.
- These kinds of food items will make your dogs to eat a lot easier as well as digest the food as soon as possible.
Gain free food items?
- Gain free foods are the most popular choice of foods for dogs right now. Before feeding, people should have an idea of feeding a dog food and also know what dog would eat.
- Every pet owner should be award of gain free foods. These dog foods are completely made up of fat, protein and other types of carbohydrates that do not have grains.
- Before giving any kind of foods for your dogs, it is necessary to read the labels. This is because; the Yorkies do not affect from allergies, so they should be eating foods with or without grains depend on their needs.
Kibble Or Canned Foods
- There are plenty of evidence suggest that a kibble is always a better food for all dogs’ teeth than the canned foods.
- Usually, there are numerous possible ways available to keep your dog’s teeth clean as well as healthy. For cleaning, you can give them safe chew toys, tartar control biscuits and dental toys for dogs.
- Specifically, the Yorkies can be often prone to dental disease so you should properly brush their teeth everyday using a toothbrush and toothpaste especially made for dogs.
- The canned foods are very expensive, especially if you are feeding for your small dogs. Instead of buying large bags of kibble, you can simply buy the cost effective canned food for dogs.
- It can be easy to buy it from the store, but the choice of food comes down to what your Yorkie prefers to eat.
Tips For Choosing For The Yorkie Puppies
If you are looking for the highest quality food items for your dogs, you just follow the tips given below:
- First of all, you should search for the best food for Yorkies and know what makes a diet.
- Yorkies are a little picky in terms of food, so many of the households can prefer the larger breeds of dogs.
- In fact, the small dogs are quite complicated to feed than larger dogs, but their cheerfulness and personalities can make them more famous.
- The Yorkies are most fashionable pets and also the best companion for the families.
- Unlike other dogs, the Yorkshire terriers can always have special dietary needs due to its little stomach and very small mouths. These dogs cannot eat more meals, but you need to give small meals several times per day.
- The Yorkies always require high quality of food items as well as servings; otherwise it may lead to many problems such as low blood sugar, digestive problems and tooth decay.
Lists Of healthy Dog Foods For Yorkie Puppies
If you are having Yorkie puppies in your home and buy dog foods for them, you need to consider a lot of the important things in your mind that includes:
Calories Requirements Of Yorkies
- Generally, the Yorkie needs high-calorie dense dog food than bigger dogs. It usually weighs about 4 to 8 pounds. The right amount of food and its frequency of feeding may vary based on the Yorkie’s activity and age.
- According to the studies, the Yorkie normally requires 30 calories per pound in order to maintain their body weight. If your pet is moderately active, 150 calories for each day is good enough to keep up their lifestyle.
- If you want to keep your Yorkie healthy, first of all you should know what is the best dog food for Yorkies and what it is more important to give them a balanced diet. Normally, the Yorkie requires a right amount of fats, vitamins, proteins, minerals, carbohydrates and clean water.
- The grain free high-quality dog food is also vital for your Yorkie’s health as well as increases their lifespan.
Vitamins and minerals
- The vitamins and minerals play an important role in maintaining the Yorkie’s overall growth as well as health. You should also maintain the proper balance of dog’s diet by giving fresh fruits and vegetables.
- These vitamins and minerals can help your Yorkie to increase immune system, coat, anemia and other bodily functions. If it is low, you should bring a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables to your dog.
References:Can Dogs Eat Bananas
- All dogs usually need the right amount of dietary proteins that give 10 amino acids to the dogs. Normally, the animals require a high level of proteins that you have mostly found in the food items like turkey, fish, chicken, lamb and beef.
- By giving them high-quality proteins, they will ensure the dogs to have a good balance of all the important amino acids.
- As recommended by the vet, the Yorkie needs minimum 18% protein in their routine food and maximum 25% to 30% of protein is required.
- In dog’s diet, 35% to 40% of protein is good for its muscle growth as well as overall health.